1 paper squeeze : b&w ; 6 in.x 11 in. (15.2 cm. x 28 cm.)
Iran, Fars, Takht-e Jamshid, Tachara
- Title is provided by Xavier Courouble, FSg Archives cataloger, based on Joseph Upton's Catalogue of the Herzfeld Archive.
Finding aid available in the Archives Department and on Internet http://www.asia.si.edu/archives/finding_aids/herzfeld.html#series6
Papers squeezes are organized in sequential number following language scripts, which are housed in folders, and stored in metal flat files
- Handwritten number in red reads, "[illegible]."
- Sketchbook in Ernst Herzfeld Papers: SK-5, p.36.
- Additional information from Joseph Upton's Finding Aid reads, "Arabic No. 26: [no neg.] Persepolis, Tachara. Five lines of Naskhi dated ca. 826 H., marked on back in red 80. See N-108, p.98, [SK-5, p.36] and [photo] File 33-77."
- Additional information from staff reads, "Arabic Squeeze No. 26a is the right edge of Arabic Squeeze No. 26."
The Ernst Herzfeld papers. Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C
Map case drawers Drawer 41
Smithsonian Institution, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives, 1050 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20013-7012